Welcome to Jefferson County
Jefferson County has something for everyone; from rivers for floating and fishing, to hiking and climbing in the Elkhorn Mountain range, and a large motorized and non-motorized trail system. Boulder, High Ore and Basin are home to several radon health mines, ghost towns, Boulder Hot Springs and Whitehall hosts Frontier Days every July. The county fair is held in Boulder in August. Jefferson County abounds with natural resources and its economy is based around these, including production agriculture, wood products and mining.
Be Bear Aware!
As we move into fall the bears are stocking up on food to prepare for hibernation. Some handy tips on living with bears are available here
Boulder Transportation Services
Transit services are now avialable Mon-Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Call 877-287-3156; 24 hour prior notification needed
Dontations appreciated for in town; out of town fares are based on mileage
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
For information, assistance completing ARPA applications, or submitting public comments, please email Leah Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jefferson County MT ARPA Implementation
- ARPA grant application for small businesses, tourism, nonprofits, and volunteer organizations.
- ARPA grant application for childcare, assisted living, food security/agriculture, historic buildings, public outdoor spaces, water/sewer/broadband
- National Association of Counties ARPA Fund Guidance
- Compliance and Reporting Guidance for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (U.S. Treasury Final Version: ARPA) This is the final Treasury Guidance to States and Counties for allowable uses, cost accounting, and reporting requirements.
Current Projects, Materials or Equipment Open for Bid
None at this time
County Offices are closed and services may not be available on Federal Holidays:
- Martin Luther King Jr Day, Mon, January 17
- President’s Day, Mon, February 21
- Memorial Day, Mon, May 30
- Independence Day, Mon, July 4
- Labor Day Mon, September 5
- Columbus Day Mon, October 10
- Election Day Tues, November 8
- Veteran’s Day Fri, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day Thurs, November 24
- Christmas Day Mon, December 26
NEW!! Museum NewsLetter
Online county documents are in Adobe PDF format