Loading...
2017-12-14 MINUTES Jefferson County Library Board Regular Business Meeting Agenda at Whitehall Library December 14,2017 Orderly public comment is welcomed. Public is advised that County Commissioners may attend the meeting. Regular Business Meeting is generally called to order at 6:30 p.m. In attendance:Jackie Thiel, Velda Bowman, Danielle Lattin,Jan Ziettlow,Jodi Smiley, Jeannie Ferriss. I. Call to Order Danielle called the meeting to order at 6:41. II. Agenda Review No changes. III. Public Comment No public. IV. Previous Meeting Minutes Approval Jackie moved to approve the minutes.Jan seconded. V. Correspondence Boulder Library received a comment card from Lyrae Price saying she believes the li- brary is an essential part of the community. (( VI. Reports Boulder Library Quarterly update on collections:Jodi pulled a report of the collections the library has for the last quarter. Tinker Labs:Exploration Works has been coming in for Tinker labs. They've had 35 kids the first time and 45 kids the second time. Robotics: Able to do four missions and are working on the fifth. Six more weeks until the competition. Broadvalley Conference:The conference is February 23 and 24 in Butte. Floor:Jojrulie about the floor in the doorway.Jodi wants to wait until spring because it is all laminate. Two businesses are on the bidder list for the new flooring. This year she plans to do the entryway, next year she will do the hallway/bathroom, the year after that,the bathroom. Danielle suggested looking for products that have been around a long time, so they can match patterns more easily. Jackie suggested getting estimates on the whole project as well as the individual sections because it may be more inexpensive than expected.Jackie asked if this comes out of the Board budget. Jodi said it comes out of the library budget unless it's an emergency.Jackie said the maintenance things that are necessary should come out of the board budget. They will also need to have advance notice so they can be sure it is in the budget. Christmas Stroll: Everyone said it was a huge success. They estimate there were over 90 people. RaeAnn handed out the songbooks because Jodi wasn't able to be there. Crafting Programming: The crafting classes have had a huge increase in attend- ance. They have done Christmas projects. Boulder Friends of the Library Nothing to report. Whitehall Library Christmas Stroll:450 people came for the Christmas Stroll. They had Santa, a book sale (sold 1300 books), and LoveInc came and gave out hats,gloves, scarves,winter shoes, and coats. People want them to do it again next year. Locks: New locks are on all the doors and a deadbolt on the door with the fil- ing cabinets. Art Camp:So popular they are going to continue in January. Meeting: Notified the sheriff about the controversial guests this Saturday. Computers: Computers are in Boulder. They want to do the deep freeze for $465 for three years.Jeannie cleared an area for an adult computer station. There was a problem with the invoice, so Dell will be issuing another one. Computer Classes:LoveInc has asked Jeannie to do a computer class for people they refer. Christmas Hours: Closed Saturday,Sunday, and Monday around Christmas. Million Minute Read:Starts on January 2. r Whitehall Friends of the Library Book Sale: The Whitehall Friends ran the books sale and earned $390 off $0.25/book. VII. Old Business Housekeeping Covered in Reports. Upcoming Events/Seminars/.Library Programs Teleconference: The State Library is putting on a Teleconference on how to advocate for your library. There are three sessions and CEUs are available for each session. VIII. Financial and Budget Librarian Reports on Financial Status of Each Library. Review of Library Board and Administration Financials The trial balance report is not available because the meeting got moved up. Jackie asked if they were able to transfer money into the depreciation account. Dan- ielle is going to talk to Bonnie to find out how that works. Actions Needed IX. New Business Policy Discussion on Meeting Rooms and Unattended Children Because it's come up, the Board will probably need to get a policy for meeting rooms and unattended children. They will need a form for meeting rooms. Jodi recapped her discussion with Child Protection Services. There was a situ- ation with a young child that concerned Jodi so she called CPS. They told her they were going to check on the child,but there wasn't a lot they could do. Jackie asked Jeannie to look at the policies other libraries have to give the Board a starting point when deciding on a new policy. Danielle said need to get serious about updating policies.Jackie said in Janu- ary, they need to pick the policies they need to work on, then board members can work on one policy each to present at the next meeting. X. Financial/Bills Jan moved to pay bills.Jackie seconded. XI. Adjourn Meeting adjourned at 8:00 Next regular business meeting on January 18, 2017 at Bou •er Library I � LIII . / i-/8-`[JQ